Holland, MI, February 28, 2022 — In an effort to encourage our customers to make healthy choices, Creative Dining Services is using the month of March to educate and promote the 6th principle from Menus of Change – “Good Fat” not Low Fat. The goal is to encourage customers to incorporate healthier “good” fats while reducing less healthy saturated fats into their diets.
Over 70 Creative Dining account locations across the United States will be featuring entrees that incorporate good fats such as fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel, seeds and nuts, avocado, roasted vegetables, and dressings made with olive/canola/or soybean oil.
Every 4 days, a new theme will be promoted that helps educate diners on why and how to incorporate “good fats” into their diets, and Creative Dining accounts will feature food items that go along with the daily theme. Themes throughout the month will include:
- Minimize trans-fat and saturated fat and choose polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats instead, found in vegetables, nuts, seeds, and fish.
- Feed your brain with Omega-3 fats in fatty fish, walnuts, and ground flaxseed.
- Fight Free radicals with Antioxidants found in citrus, berries, and cocoa.
- Reduce Inflammation with fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Add avocado in place of saturated fats.
- Add nuts, which are packed with protein and healthy unsaturated fats.
- Protein Flip and add more plants to your plate.
- The Mediterranean diet is rich in healthy fats.
Healthy fats are a part of a balanced diet that promotes cardiac, brain, and nervous system health. By teaching our customers about how to identify different types of fats, our goal is to help them make informed choices when dining and reduce the amount of unhealthy fat consumed daily.
About Creative Dining Services
Creative Dining Services is a hospitality management company that provides sustainable, innovative, and personalized dining programs for businesses, colleges and universities, and senior living communities. Creative Dining is a trusted hospitality partner to over 70 clients across the United States and growing. The company is headquartered in Zeeland, MI. To learn more, visit creativedining.com.