Made from fermented veggies and Korean red pepper, this new take on cole slaw makes a spicy unexpected side dish with its radishes and sweet potatoes.
6 cups napa cabbage, fine shred
2 cups sweet potatoes, julienne
2 cups Daikon radishes, julienne
3 Red Globe radishes, finely sliced
4 cups red cabbage, fine shred
6 green onions, bias cut
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
½ cup gochujang paste
½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
¼ cup fish sauce
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon fresh garlic
¼ cup lime juice
½ cup sesame oil
- Place all sauce ingredients into a blender. Puree at low speed until emulsified, about one minute.
- Prepare all vegetables as needed, reserving napa cabbage separate.
- Toss sauce with the napa cabbage until well coated but not wet.
- Mix in sweet potato, red cabbage, Daikon red radish, and most of the green onion.
- Plate up cabbage and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and remaining green onions.